Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Sittin' on the Dock of the [Apalachicola] Bay

In my dreams...I own a historic mansion in the quaint and sheltered town of Apalachicola. Just across the bridge from the beach I grew up at, St. George Island, lies one of the best secrets of all time, a tiny Southern fishing town called Apalachicola. Ever since I was little I have loved this town. With all the cute shops and seafood restaurants, it is a place where my family spent many rainy beach days. It is also where my dad keeps his boat. The streets near the Bay are filled with sprawling green lawns, picket fences, trees that have been there for centuries and my future summer home.













This might be mine one day...


or [hopefully] it will be this one...


Anyways, back to my dream. Long days at the beach or out on our boat fishing. Quiet afternoons on the porch with sweet tea, a good book and a lazy dog. Evenings entertaining friends with seafood and wine. Big Fourth of July parties with lots of fireworks and food. Basically scenes out of Coastal Living and Southern Living 24/7, with all things beachy.

A kitchen that looks like this. [minus the kid]


A bedroom that looks like this.


My bathroom.


The bunk room.


Oh gosh, I could go on forever...All ya'll are welcome to this wonderful retreat one day, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment