Sin City. The City that never sleeps. The City of Lights. What happens in Vegas Stays in Vegas. Viva Las Vegas. Vegas Vacation. Seriously, I have learned that each of these names has truth to it. Las Vegas was so much fun. We won money, we lost money (some of us more than others..aahhmm, Turner). I sat at Black Jack tables for hours playing $5 hands, getting free drinks and talking with people from around the world. I lost too much money on the infamous Fireball slot machines (FIREBALL DING! DING! DING! became my favorite words, I heard it in my sleep at night. I was addicted to say the least). I tried my hand at Roulette and didn't have much luck. We rode a ride off the top of a 108 story hotel. We saw the water show outside the Bellagio, watched Cirque du Soleil's "O" (AWESOME!!), saw the Chandlelier Bar inside the brand new contemporary Cosmopolitan hotel, we saw the city of lights lit up at night and we didn't sleep at all. It was all fun until Sunday morning when everyone was broke (once again, some of us more than others:)) and I never wanted to smell another cigarette, see another cocktail waitress, get lost in a sea of cheap souvenier shops, see another light, hear another FIREBALL DING! DING! DING! EVER again! I was tired, I was broke and I was done. I have had my fill of Vegas for oh, say, the next century.
View from our hotel, the MGM Grand.
My favorite part of the city was downtown, also called Old Town, Las Vegas. This was the playground of stars like Marilyn Monroe and Frank Sinatra and Elvis. It made me want to live back then...really bad.
Water show in front of Bellagio. Funny sidenote, it became a joke how bad Turner wanted to go to Caesar's Palace in the background. I am not sure what his fascination was with it but he really wanted to go and voiced it about 1,000,000,000 times that weekend. Unfortunatly, poor Turner never got to get his fix at CP. Maybe next time T.
Some of my winnings. I was up over $300 at one point. Did I stop? Of course not, that would have been too smart.
Me, Stanley, David, Rush and Turner's dad dangling over the city 108 stories high. Turner suddenly didn't "feel well" right before this ride.
Did I mention we drove to Glendale in a rental mini-van to watch Auburn win the National Championship? And stopped at the Hoover Dam along the way? I was not really that interested in this massive American landmark. I do not care for engineering or any of that other stuff that goes along with building a dam. But I did like the history of the people who built it and the time-period it was in.
I feel like I have been going 90 to nothing for a month straight. It was Biltmore, work, Christmas, work, New Year's at the lake, work, Las Vegas, Glendale and more work. It's time for me to slowwwwww down. I plan on taking it easy for a while. I am still dead tired. And I have to work tmrw, Tuesday and Wednesday:( But it's January and it's time to get back in the swing of things. My New Year's goal is to start working out on my days off (very difficult while working night shift). Anyways, back soon with National Championship pictures!
XOXO, MO
No comments:
Post a Comment