Sunday, December 12, 2010

'Tis the season to be....

more consistant with my blogging!

I know I've been slacking and I am sorry. I have been so busy doing so many fun things lately...and of course, not taking enough pictures as usual. My excuse for now is that I don't have my Canon Rebel EOS...yet. Santy Clause is hopefully bringing it:) and that will be my incentive to just snap away. But for now, this will have to do.

So, Thanksgiving came and went and was wonderful. And the only picture I took was of our breakfast (typical)- really awesome, ooey-gooey, cinnamon-y, melt-in-your-mouth monkey bread that my mom made (BEST I have ever had.)


Then came the SEC championship, which was also wonderful. But unfortunately, this is the ONLY picture I have to prove I was there...poor quality since it was taken on my iPhone. As you can see, we could touch the back wall of the upper deck, but hey, we were there and we won. And we will look back in 50 years and be able to say we were at the SEC championship where Auburn killed South Carolina to finish off an UNDEFEATED season!!! War Eagle!

And being on the subject of Auburn, congrats to Cammy Cam! Happy Heisman! and I hope to see all (6) of you in Glendale! I cannot wait. Turner got us some National Champioship tickets and we're headed to Vegas for a few days before! Wahoo! I absolutely cannot wait!! I think this season is the most exciting thing that has ever happened to Turner, he is the BIGGEST Auburn football fan ever. I have loved every minute of this season but he has REALLY, REALLY loved every minute so I am glad he gets to go and experience the National Championship. I will have my new camera by then, so a good post should follow shortly after the trip:)
Some more pics from a REALLY FUN AND WINNING SEASON- WAR EAGLE!!




And then my super sweet and thoughtful boyfriend made my 23rd (I know, it's old...touchy subject) birthday the best birthday EVER! I have always, always, always wanted to go to the Biltmore (especially at Christmas time) and sweet Turner planned a fabulous weekend trip for us. The whole weekend was fun-filled but Saturday night topped it off. After an awesome dinner at the Biltmore Winery at Antler Village, we had candle-light tour tickets. We saw the house all lit up and decorated for Christmas. There were carolers throughout the house and the best hot chocolate and apple cider I have ever had. If you have not yet visited the Biltmore, I highly recommend it, it is beautiful!

Turner and I at this fun place we found Friday night with a great Motown band and a very interesting crowd.




Some pics from the Gardens at the House. We went for a little while during the day on Saturday before heading into Downtown Asheville (also a very cool place to visit.)




And I only got a few pictures of the House because there was no picture-taking allowed during the tour. I was very bummed out because it was all sooooo pretty and I wanted a picture of every room in the House!


Thanks Turner for a fantastic birthday present and for always being so thoughtful! (and for putting up with me, of course.)

I'll be back soon (I PROMISE) with some Holiday Cheer! Hope everyone is enjoying the season as much as me!
XOXO, MO

1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing! Glad ya'll had fun and happy belated birthday!

    ReplyDelete